[affs-project] Mug/T money clarification

MJ Ray mjr at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Sep 28 13:39:05 BST 2004

Last week, I was asked on jabber to approve merchandise costs of the
show. I replied "please get a receipt if you want the money back"
among other things, off the top of my head. I was a little confused
why approval was sought, as no money was wanted yet.
I was wrong. I just reread the treasurer's guide from
http://www.communitydirectplus.co.uk/ which says: "Important: The
club's money should never become mixed up with members' money. Even if
subs have not all been duly collected, bills should only be paid from
the club account and never from the treasurer's or any other committee
member's personal account."
Can you send me all bills for payment, please? Please tell me if some
have been paid, because I need to check how AFFS should buy goods from
its members (advice welcome).
Apologies for any confusion. I will learn not to answer complicated
finance-related enquiries when I am busy with other tasks.
--
  Creative copyleft computing - http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
LinuxExpo.org.uk village 6+7 Oct http://www.affs.org.uk